Tuesday, March 23, 2010

After other relationships have ended, I’d mope for a week or two and then gather my friends, go out and meet people. This time it’s different. Many reasons; my life is much busier, my friends are coupled up and nesting more, my going out preference has become a neighborhood café where I know most everyone rather than a place filled with strangers, but mostly, it hurts this time much, much more.

Mr. Opera turned up again, I’d put him off after seeing him in December, but ran into him at Shakespeare and Company a week ago. He suggested dinner, I accepted and we had a nice time, but there’s no chemistry. Maybe I should just get an early start on spinster-hood.



Over the weekend I began switching my spring and winter clothing, as well as swapping a few items that I love but occasionally need a rest. Among the swapped were the band jacket and the Nudie jacket. Both are favorites to wear with jeans or leather skirts or pants and boots. The band jacket is from my hometown high school that was closed when the consolidated school was built. I found it at a rummage sale when I was 16 and thought it cool. The Nudie is actually a knockoff that I found in a small town junk shop. The woman who ran the store said every stranger who wanders in checks to see if it’s a real Nudie and anyone close to fitting in it tried it on. It was overpriced but I bought it anyway and haven't regretted it for a second.

Kim

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Emotionally, the closest thing to losing a relationship is a death in the family. You may not be giving yourself sufficient time to mourn.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Well I don't think they offered up the appellation of 'spinster' to describe your life & social swirl Kim. But it'll always hurt some. Even if you know, perhaps deep down, that it may have been a long shot. Some people like C are particularity unsuited for any kind of a 'settled' life. And that probably applies to many dimensions here too.

But yeah, even knock off Nudie stuff is a sight to behold. A real American original. Our Uni had cool blue leather jackets that I only saw rarely while down South in& around academia> I always coveted one, but they were too vastly expensive an indulgence, even way back when. Now? I can easily afford it, but the dates would give me away for the ancient man I am! Still, it never gets so consistently cold that I can justify a leather jacket. But I do have a leather vest from these folks:
http://www.schaefer-ranchwear.com/

Good stuff indeed. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home