Monday, April 26, 2010

The weather was lovely here this past weekend or at least that is what I’ve been told as I was chained to my desk catching up with work. Come to think of it, being chained to my desk and used like an old mop would also have been a nice way to spend the weekend.

It all started with the volcano and grounded airplanes. Monday afternoon and Tuesday I had meetings in Rome. My plan had been to fly down Monday morning and back Tuesday afternoon, not a big deal. On Saturday I figured that the planes wouldn’t be flying or would be full and the trains were sold out, leaving as my only option to drive. Waldo, my trusty urban roller skate, was pressed into service and we departed early Sunday. Rome is about 1500KMs and with stops it took about 18 hours. Exhausted I checked into my hotel, hung out the do not disturb card and slept, fortunately my meetings Monday, were in the afternoon.

To break up the return, I managed to see a client in Milan and prospect in Turin and drove back Thursday. But my schedule was shot and deadlines were imminent, so… I hope this wasn't summer.

Kim

1 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Sounds exhausting, but probably necessary. But just think, all of this was nearly impossible w/o tons of paperwork less than 20 years ago! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home