Thursday, June 03, 2010

Rachel and Amy were here, they arrived Friday morning on the red eye. Since their hotel room (a sure sign we are getting older is that we don’t crash on each other’s floor) wasn’t available till the afternoon they spent the day at my apartment. Arriving home earlier than I told them with Anne Marie in tow, we interrupted Rach pleasuring herself while Amy napped. My having once made the mistake of interrupting her in pursuit of an orgasm, we dumped our things and laughed all the way to the street. Wags, who associated laughter with excitement, was wound up, jumping and bark/howling as we headed down the street.

They are doing well; Rachel has thrown herself into planning their wedding and Amy is pretty much letting her handle it with some input. Rachel had my dress (you think they could get hitched with out me?) in her luggage and made me model it for them. Amy is Amy, but more so, she really seems at peace and watching her look at Rach you can’t miss how much she loves her.

Late, on a cold January night, Rachel sat in my dorm room and told me that she had decided to come out to her parents. She spoke about the process and the timeline that she took in acceptance of who she was and that one of the hardest things was giving up was her dream of having a large, fancy wedding. We knew about the marriage equality movement, but we doubted it would happen. As far as commitment ceremonies and civil unions, well it’s not the same. After she finished giving us the details of the wedding I asked her if she remembered that night. Her eyes moistened as she nodded and when she tried to speak the tears began flowing. She’s going to have her day after all.

Kim

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! What a wonderful tale. My best wishes for Amy and Rachel and the decades of love they have to share. I'm still peeved that my state amended its constitution to forbid same-sex unions of any sort a few years ago, but I have not given up the fight to remove that bit of paranoid nonsense from the books. Here's to the happy couple, and to the day that they can be married even in this Commonwealth!

12:24 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Good to hear that they can finally tie the knot as they wanted. Cheers & Goiod Luck, 'VJ'

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Ken said...

what a beautiful story.

1:41 AM  
OpenID stirling-b said...

Those opposed to marriage equality will find themselves like King Canute ordering his army into the sea to hold back the tide.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home