Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Café Kim opened Sunday morning. During a lull, I looked out from the kitchen; around the living area were my closest friends, the six plus a couple of others with their partners. Even Anne Marie with her new love making such a cute couple. There was talk of buying apartments and tentative plans to have children. It made me smile to see them so content and reminded me how lucky I am to have met them. The door buzzer broke my reverie and a few minutes later others were coming through the door with the makings of their brunch and it was back to the stove for me.

The shopping list for Thanksgiving has been rechecked, the hard to get items have either been secured or put aside and Dad volunteered to pick up the turkey. My sisters will arrive with their families early Thursday and after they nap we’ll have dinner that evening with Juliette’s children and their families, and Anne Marie and Hannah. As has become a young tradition, Juliette’s daughter-in-law will help with the preparations. I enjoy the company and usually Juliette joins us and we talk about anything that comes up; plus I always pick up a few handy cooking tips.

Kim

6 Comments:

Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kim to you and your love ones! :) How are things going with your new love interest? Hope everything is going well. Take care!

12:17 AM  
Blogger J said...

Bon Action de Grace!

Jean

12:27 AM  
Blogger Sarahf said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving in the making! Enjoy!

1:57 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Yes, Enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday Kim! We'll do the same, again Out too. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

6:16 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Pete: Too soon to talk about love interest. I know, I'm choosy.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

I don't think you're choosy. Just looking for the one that's RIGHT for you. I do expect you to have higher standards given the high quality of male companions you met in the past. :) Take care.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home