Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Andre arrived at my apartment around 6:30 pushing a hand truck with two large boxes. That had me thinking that his surprise was that he was moving in. Soon it was revealed that one box contained the makings of dinner, but the other was still a mystery.

I’ll admit I had my concerns about Andre making dinner; his kitchen consists of a hotplate, a microwave and a refrigerator that sometimes works, plus a grill on the loading dock. Water is found in the bathroom that is out in the hall and he’s been known to heat water with an acetylene torch on low. But those concerns were for naught as making for Andre meant that he was buying heat and serve lasagna, the makings of a salad, some vegetables, dessert and a bottle of wine.

On getting situated in the kitchen, he opened a bottle of wine, poured each of us a glass and offered a toast to us and gave me a big kiss. Then I was ordered out of my own kitchen so he could do his magic. There was a lot door and drawer openings and closings followed by “Kim, where is…” or “Kim, do you…” Finally he emerged and announced dinner would be ready in an hour and a half. Fortunately I’d thought of appetizers and a bit of smooching passed the time till dinner was ready.

The lasagna was very good and the chocolate-raspberry torte was heavenly. He did a great job and I was suitably impressed as this was turning out to be a perfect Valentine’s Day. After dinner he offered to walk Wags and I slipped into something, ahem, more comfortable. On his return there was much deep kissing and cooing, but then he chased me off to the bedroom, saying he needed to prepare his surprise. The mood was broken a bit, but it was worth it when he came for me and led me out with my eyes covered. Something smelled good and he revealed that he’d transformed the living room into a temporary spa with a massage mat (with Wags sitting in the middle), surrounded by scented candles and properly warmed oils. Sigh, I was still feeling the glow of last evening at noon and when I think of it I smile.

Kim

7 Comments:

OpenID stirling-b said...

As I have found, if a man wants to impress a woman, cook her a great dinner.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous jo said...

I never realised that was the kitchen you were working with! I have a completely newfound respect for how you can have gatherings. Holy cow!

1:55 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Aaaaa. Sounds like good stuff! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

4:31 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Jo, the description is of Andre's kitchen. Mine is small but fine.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Gillette said...

Sounds like a keeper. Glad you got pampered in style, Miss Kim.

Hope all is well in your world xox

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done, andre! glad you got some well-deserved pampering :-)

eb

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Frances said...

Gone are the days when the spa experience could be limited to spas only since you could now have your very own jetted bathtubs installed within your home.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home