Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Over the weekend, Dad and Juliette went to Brussels for the weekend meeting his brother and his brother’s wife who came from London. While there, those impetuous kids decided a nice road trip up the coast to Amsterdam and maybe Copenhagen was in order. But there was a problem; they took the train rather than driving from Paris. No problem, Dad remembered that I had meetings in Brussels on Tuesday and would be coming up Monday; I could bring the Porsche to them.

That was fine, I like that car. Monday afternoon saw me cruising on the A2 the stereo turned up loud aware that there was a speed camera about 40KM ahead when I glanced in the mirror and saw…



Shit! Maybe he wasn’t interested in me so I moved to the right and so did he, so I slowed and pulled over. Ever so polite and professional he took my license and went back to the car. I sat there drumming my fingers on the top of the steering wheel mulling over ways to get out of this. Maybe I could offer to take a breathalyzer test! Bad idea Kim, I thought. The officer returned and before giving me the ticket, asked about my relationship to the car’s owner. In the exchange it came out that Dad has never gotten a ticket in that car, which surprised me, as he regularly contributed to the sheriffs fund drives when I was growing up. He is getting old.

Kim

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but the absurd US limit of 55 mph is only 90km/hr whereas you were at least over 130km/hr and, from my experience, probably more than 150 for the french police to bother giving you a ticket - but then maybe they had more incentive to stop you than they would me....

R

1:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The ticket says 165KPH, a little over 100MPH and he claims I was actually faster than that when he clocked me.

Me? I'm admitting to nothing. But I'm glad I don't regularly drive that car as I'd be broke.

K

9:13 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

I regularly do a bit over 90MPH on my regular commute. And 100MPH is a regular occurrence. This in a very ordinary 4cyl. 2.4L. It's about the fastest car I've owned in over 20 years. But hopefully dad might help out with the ticket too. Cheers, 'VJ'

2:32 AM  
Blogger Kold_Kadavr_flatliner said...

I wanna give you everything and more in Heaven and, to do that, we must wait, Miss Gorgeous. God hears the longings of thy heart; God rewards those who're faithfull --- PS The blog I have above is how I wanna serve you in the Eternal Great Beyond: ‘closenmyeyes‘. God bless you.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home