Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The ringing of the phone woke me, it was only a half hour till my normal wake up, but I was still in a deep sleep. Groggily I reached for the phone and looked at who was calling. Seeing that it was my brother I snapped awake; he wouldn’t call me at this hour except for an emergency.

He was jovial when he began speaking and that confused me, “did you hear,” he said, “did you hear they killed bin Laden?” He told me what was known and then his analysis, followed by a summary of the flood of tweets from various foreign policy and intelligence types that he follows. After a few minutes he said he wanted to call Dad and that he’d call again later.

Before taking Wags out I watched the video of President Obama’s announcement and looked at a couple of news articles. In the street the news was spreading, strangers asked if you had heard and people talked excitedly; it was universally good news. Nothing like good news to start the week.

Kim

1 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

There's a stream of tweets from teens over here constantly asking one thing: Who's Osama? We're still trying to figure out if that's a good or bad thing! Cheers, 'VJ'

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home