Saturday, October 08, 2011

“We need to have lunch next time I’m in Paris or when you are in New York,” said the VIFP (very important fashion person) and then with air kisses all around left. I turned my attention back to the now empty hall, feeling good that the development of that relationship was proceeding. Then I saw her, Christine, she looked in my direction and appeared startled to see me. We held our gaze for several seconds and then she broke away, turning her back to me.

Chloe and Natalie mentioned that she has been to Paris a couple of times in the last year as she had taken a job with a design firm; her dream of being the little fabric artist on the prairie having run aground on reality of her student loans. Ironically she was living in NY, a place that made her uncomfortable. She had another option and I should be glad that she decided to dump me before I made that pesky loan problem disappear, which I would have. If I sound bitter, it’s because I am. Bitch.

Kim

2 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Quel'que fois it is the stab of a little pain that is required to remind us how good our life is.

Jean

6:06 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Never be too bitter about more than a few grand saved! Geez, that would have been a disaster. So hopefully more wistful in the future. Think of her as the walking money pit she might have become. Cheers, 'VJ'

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home