Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It was a fine whine that I was having about being back among the lonely hearts for Valentine’s Day, but my friends would have none of it.

Anne Marie started in on me in her best know-it-all mother voice, “Why don’t you just find a nice girl and settle down and stop fooling with those boys?” She went on to mention a few names, painful mistakes all. My response was to mention Christine and several other women. Neurotics and fruitcakes, cried the Greek chorus of alleged friends.

“Perhaps the problem is that Kim is neurotic,” Natalie opined. “Being neurotic is no barrier to a healthy relationship,” was my response, “after all, you and Claudine are happy and supportive.” “Cat fight, cat fight,” the chants began, before disintegrating into laughter.

“The problem is that I need better wing men,” I sniffed haughtily.

Kim

4 Comments:

Blogger J said...

While I, for one, even though male, would like to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Jean

12:22 AM  
Blogger jo said...

I should have known you'd be easy going about it all. I read the entry and saved it as new in my reader glancing back at it occasionally, not knowing what to say. As always, you put a great spin on it and moved forward. I wish I had your nobless oblige. I await the next chapter anxiously.

*and really....your word verification chose forspank. How amusing!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks J

Jo, not that I haven't cried myself to sleep over the last few months. I do look forward, I'm paranoid enough to fear that looking back will entangle me in the past and realistic enough to accept that what is done is done, learn a lesson and focus on the future, which I can effect.

More in a future post.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Of course your friends are perfectly correct too. Keep out & away from the 'fruits & nuts' and you'll live a more contented life. More boring to be certain, but much less dramatic & fraught with needless troubles. Perhaps some of the issues are that your romantic style may suit the style of the city & fantasies rather than your own better needs. Out here in the boondocks, I've rarely got trouble at all. Hence my needs to search for it on the net! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home