Monday, March 26, 2012


Saturday I went to a Mad Men party. A guest snarkily suggested that if show had been produced for French TV, it would be considered a reality series.

Much fun was had, starting with the planning, what do I want to wear? Do I have anything Kennedy era-ish? No? Let's shop!

For the guys it was difficult, many lack suits, never mind something Brooks Brother's-ish circa 1960. But the did enjoy treating the women as subservient if just for the night.

A segue. Is the U.S. going as fucking nuts as it seems from the rest of the world?? New York seems normal, but it could also be another planet. Other places I've been people seem "normal," but I'm wondering, maybe they are just being polite? Or hiding the craziness under a facade of normality.

Kim

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes.

It's a double down on irrationality.

Belief over reality: your facts must bend to my beliefs.

Turn the clock back to the 19thC.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE previous commenter:

19th century? You think that modern? I was thinking 16th century at the latest.

So, Kim, in some ways, yes, the US is going crazy in many ways. I HOPE it's just the death-knell of the overly-conservative, but I might be wrong about that. I'm hoping that it's true that it's always darkest just before the dawn.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

I suspect the 8th c. myself, but yes, very, crazy. SSDD & right on time. Cheers, 'VJ'

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home