Monday, June 04, 2012

Waldo, my Smart FourTwo, went off to a new home Sunday afternoon. Serving again as the first car of recent college grad, Waldo is again possessed by a young woman who is excited to own him.
She came with her father mid week to look at and drive Waldo. After conferring she made an offer subject to a mechanic looking at the car and I accepted. All the business was completed with the last thing her picking up the car. Though it was overcast yesterday, she put the top down for the drive home. I took some pictures of her and Waldo for her Facebook page and you could see she was pleased.
Me? Ever since I saw the Alfa Romeo I've wanted a sports car, preferably a vintage one. Over the winter I finally came to accept that having a vintage sports car as my primary car wasn't workable, but I wasn't willing to acquire one as an additional vehicle. Eventually I decided to buy something contemporary, a Boxster popped to mind, but I remembered all the nice policemen that I've met when driving Dad's Cayman. I drove BMW & Nissan Z's and found the BMW's too big and I didn't like the Nissan. In between these and others I drove several MX-5's, and always came back to that as my first choice. So Wednesday I'm picking up a new to me cabriolet in blue who will be nicknamed Marty.
Kim

7 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Good choice Kim ... I know you'll have a lot of fun.

Jean

1:38 AM  
Anonymous jo said...

Yay!!!!! I am so excited for you, and I look forward to at least a little glimpse.

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, fast car, fast girl. - M

3:24 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

How does the song go M, life is "faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money."

I do say that lately for a fast woman, I've been running in the slow lane.

K

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a guy, the car is a penis substitute. What is it for a girl? A penis substitute? M

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Bobolink said...

Is naming a car a "girl" thing? I have never named my cars but my first car, purchased from a woman was named "Morris". It was a 1959 Morris Minor. I had a Chrysler LeBaron that my late wife named "Flo" after the first three letters of the licence plate3 "FLO".

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Stelle Courney said...

The MX-5 is a great choice, Kim! This two-seater car best defines coziness and privacy. A friendly tip for your new car: regular wash and wax the car. This way, the paint will remain in good condition, and that means turning heads while on the road, especially since the MX-5 is quite a sporty car! Have a safe joyride ahead! =)

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home