Thursday, September 27, 2012

Except for weekends near the ocean, September has been spent in Paris. Grace returned to work half time, freeing me from being in NY and with fashion week and the auto show, many people who I would want to see are coming here. I've been able to relax and reconnect with friends, the comfortable small routines of my life have returned and that makes me happy.

It won't last, the merry-go-round will start up again and I'll be spending too much time in airport lounges, train stations and hotels. The effort now will payoff later, as there is simply too many opportunities not to try and take advantage of some them. There is also much risk, but it is manageable. If the worst happens I won't be a bag lady, but most likely I'll be a call girl again.

Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw an article about elderly twin Dutch prostitutes who have out a memoir of their decades in the business.

(The sentence above originally said "saw a piece" and "put out a memoir", both juvenile sex references. I'm trying to figure out if that was subconscious or if it reflects the more basic reality that we push sexual references into all communication.) M

4:55 PM  
Anonymous jo said...

I sometimes wish we could have an IRL conversation. I too am at a huge business crossroads. BIG risk, potential rewards are huge. Of course there is no way anyone would want me me in your fall back position...lol. But still, I'd love to hear your stories. I feel like I am now mimicking all those stories that have been in The Times and various other publications about the woman now out doing the men in their careers.
Wishing you loads of luck and good fortune.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home