Sunday, October 28, 2012

My casual uniform is often, a black sweater or jersey and black leggings. While in London last week, I spotted a leather cat suit. The leather is fine and very soft and the suit fit like a glove. It was extravagant but I couldn't resist.

Saturday I wore it and when I picked up Natalie she promptly referred to me as Irma. Our first stop was to get Wag's who has been staying with Dad. He was raking leaves when we arrived and after greeting Natalie turned to me and said, "...and how are you Mrs. Peel." The reference had Nat and I looking at each other, so he explained who Mrs. Peel was and the signifigance of the sports car and the leather catsuit. Not to mention the unintended admission of youthful lust for Dianna Rigg. 
Of course Dad being Dad, he overloaded us with information, going on to explain that the character in the TV show The Avengers drove a Lotus Elan and that Mazda used that car as the design target for the original Miata.

Sure Dad, whatever you say.

Kim


6 Comments:

Anonymous jo said...

The very fact that you had no idea who Mrs. Peel was makes me feel old. Very, very old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_Bond

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Robert Taylor said...

Diana Rigg claimed that she had to be specially mikes because her leather catsuit creaked.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Jo, send me your contact info. I'm not sure what I have is current.

Thanks

K

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been a huge fan of emma peel since my childhood. i named my first cat after her. what a hottie! xo ebk

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for an older English Gentleman to be your steed?

12:41 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Even with it's severe budgetary limitations (BBC & all), it was a gas. Just a truly funny & irreverent show, especially for the time. How old is it? Ms. Peel seems to be holding the highest form of technological achievement in firearms in Britain at the time. A small frame revolver! Just a revelation at the time. But it's all a distant memory to some now! Cheers, 'VJ'

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home