Sunday, October 14, 2012

The jeune fille is needy.  Prior to my leaving for London she asked when we would be together again, I told her not before next weekend and perhaps not then. Driving home from CDG, late Saturday, I called her, she asked if she could come over and I told her no. Sunday I had a lot to do to prepare for the week and I needed to fit is some time to see Anne Marie for my own sanity.

AM and I met for an early breakfast Sunday, her job has changed and while still working for the hotel group, she is in a corporate position and traveling quite a bit. We both needed to sit and talk, to simply be with one's best friend. After I returned to my place and went to work. Near noon I began setting up a conference call, when Grace joined with the statement that I needed to stop scheduling these meetings before dawn on Sundays. She took some good natured abuse from the other participants and then we went to work, wrapping up in less than an hour.

I'd been ignoring tweets and instant messages unless they were business related, but I could see that the jeune fille had sent several of each. She called while I was waiting for another call and I didn't look to see who it was and I answered it. I was a bit irritated and it came across in my voice. Among my faults is that I can lack empathy for those closest to me when they struggle emotionally. On reflection I know she is going through a difficult and confusing time, but she is wallowing in her pathos and right now I'm a poor security blanket. We talked a few minutes and I tried hustling her off the phone and she protested that "I'm not important to you." To which I responded, "You are important, but just not a priority at this moment". She hung up and I took the call I had been waiting for. I called her later and she didn't answer, so I left a message of apology and sent a IM containing the same.

It's late, and my flight to Bonn is early and the day will be long.

Kim

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim.

You have the best problems.

9:28 AM  
Blogger J said...

This is part of the learning experience for both of you.

Jean

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you trained her well in the ways of pleasing a women? How does she rate going down on you?

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Robert Taylor said...

Of course the jeaune fille is needy. She is at an age where she is just learning about herself. You have had ten more years than she has had to get comfortable in your skin. You have to expect this of her. For her this is an uncertain and scary part of growing up.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

About time for some new amusements I'd say! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home