Sunday, September 01, 2013

Summer at the house by the bay has been wonderful. It has been a very pleasant and as I contemplate closing down the house and readying it for intermittent use till next summer; I’m feeling a touch of sadness. It seems that I had house guest nearly every week, but I’ve not felt frazzled. It was just nice to see friends. More than recent Augusts’, I’ve needed to spend more time working but that was OK, perhaps because I didn’t need to travel.

I’ve made new friends, some who live in and around Paris, so they can also be city friends. It seems everyday, someone would bang on the door carrying coffee and pastry to share and come in for a half hour to chat. I loved the distraction. Then there was sitting on the wharf and sharing a bottle of wine with friends and soon to be friends while we watched the dogs play and every now and then needing to fish one or more out of the water when the play took them off the dock and into the water.

Kim

3 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Sounds like an idyllic retirement of sorts! Cheers, 'VJ'

8:08 AM  
Blogger shelley said...

I'm so confused. Can't you spend as much time as you like there in winter? Wouldn't it be wonderfully quiet and cinematic? You should write a book there!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

@shelley,

I wish I could spend more time there, particularly during the autumn, but between now and the end of the year I already have 50 days of business travel scheduled. Alas, I need to pay for my idle.

While I may sneak down here for a weekend sometime the next longish time that I can be there is around Christmas.

A book? Not me.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home