Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Last evening I was with an old client who was in Paris on business. He told me that he will be here every couple of months and would like to see me. The fellow from last month, Mr. Envelope, wants to see me tomorrow night.

Before Christmas I attended a soirée where I ran into a gentleman who I tried to recruit as a client a few years ago. While his wife was attending to something, he asked me to dance. As we Foxtroted across the dance floor he told me that he had been thinking about our conversation and would like to discuss an arrangement. "I'll contact you in January," he said. Today I received an email suggesting lunch next week.

They're coming out of the woodwork, like cockroaches.

Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Robert Taylor said...

You cultivated them, made money off them, used their largess to establish your business. And now you call them cockroaches?

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess the economic recovery must be on its way then if the market for luxuries is returning :) But are you sure you want to play ball given your comments last month ?

Mtanga

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home