Saturday, May 24, 2014

Lately, I've been on an acquisition spree. For those who remember me writing that I wasn't interested in stuff, well that was then.

When I was with Andre, I began riding motorcycles. He acquired and kept a bike for me, a Moto Guzzi. It was red, cute and sounded wonderful, but best of all I could touch both feet, or at least my toes to the ground. Him selling the bike without telling me was the period at the end of our relationship.

When we were together I became friendly with a group of women riders, who came from a variety of backgrounds but shared a love of motorcycling. While I continue to see these women, a fundamental connection has been lost. A few weeks ago, one of them called to say she noticed as similar bike for sale. A knowledgeable husband was recruited to look at it and it is now garaged in front of the Miata.

Of course motorcycles are typically used in warm weather and during those seasons I spend most of my weekends at the village house. Using the Guzzi to go to the village would be fun, but then there is Wags. While he eagerly rides in the basket of my bicycle, riding in a crate strapped to the seat of a motorcycle is a different thing. The solution to the two home problem is two motorcycles, so tucked away in the garage of the village house is an old Honda CL350.

Then there was the 1965 Mini Cooper, but that sold before I made up my mind to buy it.

I'm becoming a pack rat.

Kim

4 Comments:

Blogger jo said...

You are my personal rock star. Go you!

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you have sex for money anymore?

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Robert Taylor said...

Would not a 1965 Mini be an Austen and not a Cooper? I once owned the predecessor to that, a Morris Minor.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Robert, yes Mini's of that year would be Austins, with Cooper being a special model done by a supplier in the manner of Alpina and AMG for BMW and Mercedes. At lease that is how it has been explained to me. Mini and Cooper have cachet, Austin and Morris, not so much. Irrespective of the lineage, they are cute and fun.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home