Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Emile is gone for a week and my presence was not required. My plan was to come to the village but before leaving I ran into a pair of my motorcycle friends.

They planned a ride Saturday and I joined them. We met early, before first light, at a cafe in the east suburbs and road toward Soissons taking the small roads. We stopped for lunch in Acy and started back on a different route arriving home near dusk.

I felt bad for Wags as he spent a long day alone. But it was a good day for me as I spent time with people that I like, doing something I enjoy and frankly, this summer I neglected both these friends and the bike.

Sunday I lunched with Natalie and Ruth, her partner. It was good to see them as it has been a while. Truth be told I've been isolating myself from many of my friends.

Today, I'm in the village and will be here till the weekend when I'll join Emile in Biarritz. It's quiet, as it is in the off season during the week, but the weather is pleasant, though rain is expected this evening with the remainder of the week dry. And the surf is up.

Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home