Friday, November 20, 2015

I really wanted to get out of the city and go to the village for a few days, but with some commitments and Thanksgiving... This year T-day will be small. As usual it will be at Juliette and Dad's, her daughter and family will join us along with Anne Marie and Hannah. My sisters are staying home, with Grace being with her beau.

Over the past few days I've received an number of inquires along the line of we're thinking of going to Paris or Europe, is it safe? These inquires have all come from Americans and my response has been along the lines of "You are more likely to be killed at your work, school or movie theater by some nominally Christian white guy who has an armory in his closet than being killed by a Middle Eastern terrorist in Europe."

When I sold Kim & Co., one of the impetuses was my fear that the Euro would collapse. There wasn't much logic to the fear, but it was there. Since Friday there has been talk of closing the borders between the EU countries, this will be an economic disaster for Europe.

Kim

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I lived in Europe pre-1993 and pre-EU, I can attest that it was not an economic disaster before, and if the borders do shut again, Europe will be fine.

~AthenaNY

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home