Thursday, December 17, 2015

Dad picked me up at the hospital and after a stop at my apartment to pick up some things, he took me to their house in Neuilly for the weekend. I was happy to go as I didn't feel ready to manage my life and having someone to look after me was a relief.

Wags and the pugs were happy to see me and I them. I scooped Wags up and held him till he squirmed to get down. Thursday morning I awoke wondering what was next and how to proceed. As I lay in bed, I remember that following my first hospitalization I found comfort in walking, so after breakfast I started walking with Wags as my companion. I had no destination and after a while Wags laid down in exhaustion, he's getting old. After resting we circled back to the house for lunch and then I took the Metro back to my place to retrieve my bike. I could benefit from the movement without exhausting my guy.

Monday morning I came home. I feel better, but I can't concentrate or complete a task. The meds have made me edgy and when I see my psychiatrist later today I hope he makes an adjustment.

Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know when you've bounced off the bottom of it, though meds can fuzz that up. Bad ones are when you get an after-shock because those can take you unaware when your willpower has been eaten up. I think of it as a very long day: just like in an ordinary day, you use up your energy, your willpower, your mood and then some more crap comes along and you're not prepared mentally/constitutionally to deal with it. These are just like a really long day and just like that you remind yourself you make it through because days do come to an end and then there's another. - M

5:14 PM  
Blogger J said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are in depression again, Kim. I've read you for a long time and you have been so well for so long. Please take care of yourself. We want you well and back!

Jean

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home