Sunday, January 03, 2016

Denise returned to Paris this morning, she needed to get back. Before she left, she told me that I had improved over the week and that I could finally manage a smile that wasn't wan and become excited about something. I am better, though I have trouble concentrating and still susceptible to tears.

I didn't want to go back to Paris yet, but I need to be there Wednesday as I have an appointment with my psychiatrist and will start seeing a therapist, also Thursday I have a meeting. Mirelle will drive me back as she has some errands to run in the city and we'll return Friday.


One degree of separation was my distance from Fernande Grudet, aka Madame Claude, who died before Christmas. Marie was among her last group of swans or Claudettes, as some referred to Madame Claude's girls. She was Marie's mère maquerelle as Marie was mine.

Kim 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My understanding of depression is that it's often like alcoholism, a daily battle that must be fought... daily. At least, that's how I battle my anxiety. You're doing it right by hitting it with exercise and outdoor time... Don't surrender, you've got so much more to see, do, accomplish, and be! One foot in front of the other, you've got this girl. xoxox ebk

5:36 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks EB. It has been so much harder this time.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine, so I won't try except to say sometimes it *seems* harder than the last... and other times you've got the wind at your back and it seems easier for whatever reason. Welcome back to Paris, I'm glad you'll be around people who check on you. Worried about the extended time in the village b/c of my perception that it is remote. My love affair with remote areas is never ending, but I recognize that it's not the healthiest place for me to be. I imagine the same for you. xox ebk

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home